- The multi-million-pound investment into improving facilities at Corfton Road Surgery will begin in Spring 2022 once planning permission has been granted.
- Corfton Road Surgery and OneMedical Property, the founding arm of OneMedical Group, are working on a new Health and Wellbeing Centre. As part of this development, Corfton Road Surgery will merge with Gordon House Surgery to broaden and strengthen the range of clinical skills and services offered to patients in central Ealing.
- The new building will increase the clinical space available for the delivery of services to patients. This will allow patients to be seen in the most appropriate setting to address their needs. The scheme will allow both sites to practice more effectively, benefit both existing and future patients, reduce waiting times, and improve access to care in the local community.
- QAD Architects submitted an updated planning application for the build. The building is being designed to meet BREEAM ‘Excellent’ sustainability targets and ensure inclusivity and accessibility for all patients.
- The new Health and Wellbeing Centre will be energy efficient and sustainable. The architect designed the development to be both sensitive to the street and contribute positively to the Conservation Area, whilst providing future proofing for the emerging health care needs of the local community.
- The last ten years have seen the practice growing considerably from approximately 3,500 to 8,500 patients, with care services provided using the same amount of space during this time. Therefore, a new building is paramount to ensure Corfton Road Surgery can continue to serve its patients and neighbour residents who rely on its services and allow the staff to practice more efficiently in terms of what they can offer from both sites. There is no other area where such an ambitious healthcare scheme can be expanded as part of the solution and opportunity to improve people’s lives.
Corfton Road Surgery will merge with Gordon House Surgery as part of a new state-of-the-art Health and Wellbeing Centre development in Central Ealing, with the construction set to start in early Spring 2022. OneMedical Property, the founding arm of OneMedical Group, UK specialist health and wellbeing organisation, is continuing its mission to build better healthcare with its latest project in Ealing.
The Group is working closely with Corfton Road Surgery to create a healthcare space that will help people live their best life and be an asset to the local area. OneMedical Property, in conjunction with the practice, is seeking on planning and developing the practice into a bigger space, creating a new bespoke environment that meets the care needs of all patients, the needs of clinicians and one that is energy-efficient as well as sustainable.
The design is sensitive to the area and the location of the Health and Wellbeing Centre, whilst still providing future-proofing for the emerging health care needs of the local community. In addition, by gathering feedback from patients, residents, local authorities, service users, and community groups, the project will ensure improved healthcare provision through high-quality, flexible, modern facilities and accessibility and inclusivity for all patients. With primary care services over-subscribed in the local area, a new building is necessary to ensure Corfton Road Surgery can continue to serve the large list size of patients who rely on its services and benefit the livelihoods of staff.
Rachel Beverley-Stevenson, Executive Chair and Property Director at OneMedical Group, said: “We are excited about helping to create a building that will add value to the community and Corfton Road. We are very keen to maintain the value of the practice to the area and to respond sensitively in our designs to the Conservation Area. We are grateful to all involved for their support and to those who have already shared their positive feedback. We welcome further views from people who are interested in this project. It’s been a real pleasure to work with the teams involved, so we are looking forward to confirming the proposed site plans and to see the building expanding our vision.”
Paul Wainwright, Director of QAD architects, said: “We are delighted to be leading the design team in delivering what we believe will be a much improved community asset. The positive engagement of patients, the practice, and the developer in the design process have contributed to a facility not only fit for providing first-class health care, but will do it in a beautiful and comfortable setting.”
Dr Alex Fragoyannis, Partner at Corfton Road Surgery, said: “We feel privileged to have served our patients from the Corfton Road Surgery site over the last 10 years. We have done so using a space that was not purpose-built or sufficiently large enough to allow us to offer all the services we feel we can provide. This new development is welcome and will allow local residents to access even higher quality healthcare, through world-class medical facilities. We are delighted to be working with OneMedical Group and QAD Architects, who have heavily invested in helping us improve our practice premises for the benefit of patients and staff.”
OneMedical Property anticipates development work to start in early Spring 2022 and completion in Spring/Summer 2023, whilst the merge will take place over the next 12 months.
The new Health and Wellbeing Centre at Corfton Road will offer:
- Improved healthcare provision through high-quality, flexible and modern facilities. More clinical and treatment rooms and a patient waiting area.
- Improved look and feel, using high-quality design to enhance the existing character of the current building.
- A landscaped garden and green roof at the back of the Centre and secure bicycle parking.
OneMedical Property is the founding arm of OneMedical Group and are long-standing specialists in designing, investing, managing, and developing healthcare properties. Since 2004, OneMedical Property has been building a better future for healthcare by creating innovative, patient-focused development solutions throughout the U.K.
OneMedical Group is a family-owned organisation founded in Yorkshire. From its initial beginnings in healthcare property development, the team’s expertise broadened to delivering better healthcare and wellbeing in Primary and Urgent Care Services in the U.K. and consultancy and technology services. The Group is and will remain a UK-owned and operated organisation that has never banked overseas. There are no external shareholders, and their focus is on reinvesting in their local communities, including with the OMG Foundation, which is the charity arm of OneMedical Group. The Group currently deliver NHS Urgent Care in Sheffield, Derby, Corby, Leeds and Bracknell, alongside NHS Primary Care at GP practices in Milton Keynes, Leeds and Derby with the support centre based at Bank Top Farm, near Leeds. In addition, they deliver property solutions and medical centres in South Yorkshire, the North West, London, the South East, and the Midlands. The company’s mission, ‘Improving lives’, underpins everything they do. OneMedical Group’s values are ‘Working Together, ‘Putting People First’ and ‘A Better Future’.